Red carpet beauty tips straight from Gwyneth Paltrow’s facialist.
Tue, 27 September 2011 1:45PM
It’s no secret that I love Gwyneth Paltrow to bits. Is there anything the women can’t do? She’s beyond stylish, an insane cook, has more celeb friends than we’ve had hot dinners and above all, seems really down to earth. To prove it, I was on GOOP.com this morning when I stumbled upon a virtual scrapbook that she’d put together about her pre and post Emmy Award adventures.
I admired how honest and open she is about the amount of effort, product, and the small army of helpers that unite to get her big-award-night ready, but the thing I loved most about her ‘scrapbook’ were the tips from her hair stylist and makeup artist, as well as her facialist, Sonia Dakar. In fact, Dakar’s pre-fancy-event tips were so practical, that I wanted to share a few of her pointers with you right here:
Gwyneth Paltrow’s facialist, Sonia Dakar’s cheap-as-chips skin tips courtesy of GOOP:
- Got puffy eyes? Keep your eye cream in the fridge. The product will cool the skin on contact to reduce swelling.
- Got dull skin? Massage your face with an ice cube. The cold, boosts blood flow to improve oxygen to the skin.
- Need a pick me up? Combine green tea with chamomile tea and leave the mix to chill in the fridge before pouring into a spray bottle. Apply it before you start on your makeup, or the morning after, when you’re feeling a little worse for wear.
- Got flat hair? There’s nothing that a bit of dry shampoo can’t fix. It’s perfect for soaking up excess oil in day old hair and on the flip-side, does a stellar job at giving freshly-washed hair texture and hold. I like to keep a travel-size can in my clutch for touch ups during the night.
- Breaking in a new pair of heels? Nothing ruins a night like painful blisters. The fix? Blend a teeny-tiny amount of vaseline or body lotion on the pressure points of the feet, like the heels, the small toe and the inside arch before slipping into your shoes to prevent friction.
Posted by: Eliza Ashe