Ricotta and Parmesan Fritters with Pesto by Donna Hay
Thu, 7 July 2016 8:00AM
(Image: Donna Hay)
- 2 cups (480g) firm fresh ricotta
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- ½ cup (40g) finely grated parmesan, plus extra to serve
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- ¼ cup (60ml) extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup (130g) store-bought basil pesto
Place the ricotta, eggs, lemon rind, parmesan, salt and pepper in a medium bowl and mix to combine. Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over high heat.
Cook tablespoons of the mixture, in 3 batches, for 2–3 minutes each side or until golden.
Gently toss with the pesto and sprinkle with extra parmesan to serve. Serves 4.
(Firm fresh ricotta is available from the deli section of supermarkets.)
Try this: Add extra herby flavour with fresh basil leaves!
Posted by: Team Primped