Pork and Fennel Cheat’s Lasagne by Donna Hay
Fri, 15 July 2016 4:42PM
(Image: Donna Hay)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 800g pork and fennel sausages, cases removed and meat torn
- 2 x 400g cans cherry tomatoes
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 500g mascarpone
- 1½ cup (120g) finely grated parmesan, plus extra to serve
- ½ cup (125ml) water
- 8 fresh lasagne sheets, halved and blanched
Preheat oven to 220°C (425°F). Heat the oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the sausage meat and cook, breaking up the meat with a wooden spoon, for 5 minutes.
Add the tomatoes, salt and pepper and cook for a further 15 minutes or until reduced.
Place the mascarpone, parmesan and water in a large bowl and mix to combine.
Place 2 lasagne sheet halves in the base of 4 x lightly greased 2-cup- capacity (500ml) ovenproof dishes. Layer each with ½ cup of the pork mixture, 1 lasagne sheet half, another ½ cup of the pork mixture and 1 lasagne sheet half.
Top with the mascarpone mixture. Place the lasagne on an oven tray and cook for 8–10 minutes or until golden and bubbling. Sprinkle with extra parmesan to serve. Makes 4.
Posted by: Team Primped