Brown Butter Sage and Chicken Pasta by Donna Hay
Fri, 15 July 2016 3:52PM
Image: Donna Hay
- 250g pappardelle
- 4 x 150g chicken thigh fillets, skin on
- ¼ cup (35g) plain (all-purpose) flour
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 100g unsalted butter, chopped
- 1 bunch sage leaves, trimmed
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- finely grated parmesan, to serve
Cook the pasta in a saucepan of salted boiling water for 6–8 minutes or until al dente. Drain and keep warm.
While the pasta is cooking, dust the chicken in the flour. Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over high heat.
Add the chicken, skin-side down, and cook for 6 minutes or until golden. Turn and cook for a further 2 minutes. Set aside.
Drain any excess oil from the pan. Add the butter, sage, salt and pepper and cook for 1 minute or until the butter is foamy and nutty brown.
Return the chicken to the pan and cook for 3 minutes, stirring to coat. Slice the chicken and serve with the pasta, sage and parmesan. Serves 4!
Try this: You can also serve this pasta with lemon wedges for a fresh and zesty finish.
Posted by: Team Primped