Elizabeth Olsen will inspire you to wear your hair in a top knot
Thu, 13 October 2011 1:43PM
YOUR REACTION: Wowzers, that is one super-stunning top knot. I wish to copy it this very second.
HOW TO COPY IT:
- Start with day-old, somewhat dirty hair.
- Spray your roots and hair line with dry shampoo to soak up any oil, as well as create a wee bit more texture. Just be sure to blend the product through your strands with your fingers. No one wants to look like they’re going grey prematurely.
- Take all your hair and secure it in a ponytail with a hair tie right at the top of your head. Elizabeth Olsen’s top knot doesn’t feature a part, but you can put one in if you feel the need.
- Then, to get a little more volume in your knot, gently tease your ponytail with a tail comb. Just don’t go overboard; we still want the knot to have a smooth-ish finish.
- Take your entire ponytail and wrap it loosely around the base of the hair tie and secure with bobby pins.
- Got some flyaways around your hair line? Spray some hairspray on your fingers, and then brush them over your strands. It’ll settle them real quick.
WHILE YOU’RE THERE, DO THIS TOO: Apply some berry lip gloss. Her lips look mighty fine in that hue, so why not match your beautiful ‘do with a glossy bold pout, too? Yeah, why not!
Posted by: Cherie Herrmann