Glossybox Men Summer 2012 (16 posts)

OK.. so Coconal asked me what was in mine (oops... I mean Hubby's), which I splurged on for him for the $9 Groupon voucher.
Same great packaging in tan and black.... and he had:

Calvin Klein CK Free eau de toilette samples (1.2mL x 2)
Biotherm Homme Aquapower moisterising gel sample (20mL)
Tigi Bed Head power play firm finishing gel (200mL retail $24.95)
Nude by Nature Nude Oil (multi tasking oil (60mL retail $19.95)
Nivea for Men Nivea sensitive- Moisteriser AND shaving gel samples (15mL and 50mL)
Auscreen sunscreen lotion sample (15mL)
and then as a bonus some Voulez-vous warming body oil in Pina Colada... oooh la la!

All in all a flippin' good deal for $9 i reckon.

Any orders made now will go out with the March girls boxes, and then after that it becomes the next quarters box. I presume the contents are similar per quarter, albeit at $18.95 unless you bought the groupon already.

Master Fan

Mampha

2112 posts

Last Post: 04-04-12, 02:16 PM by lovefashionangel

reply to post

latest post

15-02-12, 08:40 PM

• Wow, I have to say it's much better value than the girls box was! Sounds pretty good!

CoconalMaster Fan

8105 posts

15-02-12, 10:35 PM

• That's what I thought! I mean I know it's a quarterly box and everything, but I was quite impressed with it.
    And I gave hubby a tour on skype last night, and all he could really say was that the Nivea would be great in his travel bag, and when I pointed out there was a full sized Bed Head product he shrugged and was unconvinced that Step Son would be keen for it.
    Unexcited swine.

Humph. So it must be because guys are just darn harder to impress, they have to go to big effort ;)

MamphaMaster Fan

2112 posts

16-02-12, 06:12 AM

• LOL Mampha...you might be right...I tried to get my boyf to sign up and he wasn't too keen...he's always happy to get men's perfume samples from my boxes though!

CoconalMaster Fan

8105 posts

16-02-12, 09:35 AM

• I know!! Theft must just be so much more gratifying or something. Perhaps he secretly just doesn't want to admit he likes a pamper without justifying that "oh but that isn't mine!"
    DH started using Nivea for Men a while back, and I commented because I also use Nivea... and he made excuses. I liked that he had switched to Dove soap, which I used at the time... mutter mutter about specials...... and then I sent him a home tester box which had some Tresemme and Dove in it.... happily they used it no problem, but were almost guarded in their evaluation in case it unmanned them somehow!

He should just be grateful I said no ta to the man makeup option :D

So hope they include some deep pore cleanser for mature skin or something, as he is a smoker and really needs to find a product for skin cleansing. Being a bloke it of course wouldn't occur to him without my boot assisting that he could just go to a shop and ask for a suitable product, so maybe the box subscription idea might work for him.

MamphaMaster Fan

2112 posts

16-02-12, 10:56 AM

• God Mampha,you cracked me up....MINE,S AN UNEXCITED SWINE TOO WHEN I GET HIM SOMETHING NICE (THAT DOES NOT CRACK ME UP ).I am lucky though that he has gone from a boy who wore BRUT FOR GOD,S SAKE and moisturiser was (where do i put that in the car engine ? ) to appreciating the difference between aftershave and an Eau de Toilette,loving a facial /massage and knowing Versace isn,t some swear word.SEE,CAN BE DONE GIRLS.

Parisienne chicMaster Fan

298 posts

17-02-12, 10:27 AM

• Bwa ha ha... ja, good old Brut.
    Well that sounds quite inspirational!

I have to say I worry about mine sometimes. I mean he carries an ironed hanky (HE irons.... helloo?), but doesn't deep cleanse :D
    It's like the metrosexual function didn't fully load or something

AND not only does he remain beastly unexcited when I do something nice like this BUT he also was emailed to his WORK email a groupon link for Elle McPherson intimates at $39 for $100 of stuff, and then Skyped a link for the store so he could see the items available. All this on Valentines Day whilst he is OS. I mean that isn't exactly a hint. That's more like being smacked in the face with a 4x2.

And?

Waiting....................... tick tock
    *deep sigh*

MamphaMaster Fan

2112 posts

17-02-12, 09:10 PM

• Oh I forgot all about it!
    In one of our GlossyBoxes came a promo card for the mens box! If you have a GB subscription and you want one for your man... add it to your account (and presumably his GlossyDotsots are then your score if you want to keep him subscribed). OR do a referral email, then join him as a seperate subscription, thereby earning you 200 GlossyDots. If you only intend to get him a one off box do the latter and just get your 200 referral Dots.
    Here is the code for $5 off the subscription ($19.95 comes down to $14.95) but it expires February 29th....
    GBMEN2012
    If you order by then that will be for the above box (Summer 2012) and the next lot get delivered at the same time they post out the March boxes (receive late March)

MamphaMaster Fan

2112 posts

21-02-12, 01:22 PM

• That sounds like quite a good box! Wish my boyfriend was into it but his idea of caring for his skin is splashing water at it and roughly drying it on a towel. typically boy!

Emma-1303093844Master Fan

439 posts

22-02-12, 05:59 PM

• Isn't it annoying how they have such great skin with such basic maintenance? :P

CoconalMaster Fan

8105 posts

23-02-12, 12:00 AM

• *sigh* AND hair. Mine's got easy care locks he is quite precious about.... nice curl and total coverage with barely noticeable grey.

I mean what's with that? UNFAIR. Also means he doesn't understand my need for salon time, decent conditioning treatments, colour and a GHD.
    Can you BELIEVE having to explain the essential need for a GHD??????

MamphaMaster Fan

2112 posts

23-02-12, 04:40 PM

• Ha! So I got 2 groupons at $9 each... so step son was hoping he could use the second for the subsequent box. He had to use it on March 12.... and requested the Autumn box, but they insisted he must get a repeat of the Summer box or suggested he gift it to a friend if he didn't want repeats as IT WOULD BE THE SAME BOX. So he immediately asked could he change the address so he could send it as a gift. No... they already printed the labels (immediately)
    So today only, he got his box. On the 2nd of April.
    Pfft
    I am still impressed with this mens box. HOWEVER. It is NOT the same box. I know this because i took it to dinner tonight unopened and gave it to my brother. He opened it and blow me down... there were different products. Typical GB!

So he got:
    Biooil 60g
    Proactive wash (do these two sound like they are recycling again from the ladies boxes??
    Biotherm Homme Aquapower moisterising gel sample (20mL)
    Tigi Bed Head power play firm finishing gel (200mL retail $24.95)
    Nivea for Men Nivea sensitive- Moisteriser AND shaving gel samples (15mL and 50mL)
    Auscreen sunscreen lotion sample (15mL)
    and then as a bonus some Voulez-vous warming body oil... I think it was a different one.

So again... very good value for $19.95 (and extremely good value for a $9 Groupon) but i just wish I had snavelled the biooil and the proactive first. We can't use the bedhead here... and he has no hair to speak of.. so again.. looking for a home, but pretty impressed as Im sure its a great product... and at retail value of the entire box!

MamphaMaster Fan

2112 posts

02-04-12, 10:32 PM

• It sounds like they packed a good lot in for $9/$19. However... how do they market these to men?!?
    Besides having a beauty savy lady to buy it for you i wonder how they attract males into buying these thing. Do guys even visit 'glossy box' even if it says for men? It is a nice goncept though, alot of skincare brands are coming out with new products aimed specifically at men. I dont think they will have quite that large a market, but we'll just see what happens...

lovefashionangelMaster Fan

2100 posts

02-04-12, 11:26 PM

• I know!! I would be willing to bet it is only because chicks are buying it for their guys in 80% of cases. Most men tend to be reluctant to experiment or branch out with these sorts of products. My brother and SIL were eagerly pouring over the box however, and he seemed happy with all btu the proactive and the bedhead (didnt offer them back though).
    Oh! And as he opened the box he suggested the girls might like it, but 2 seconds later corrected himself and said... whoa.. no. Very nice box, and even though I have many boxes, I am keeping this one for myself :)
    I admit the boxes are really nice... and the mens ones are a bit bigger.
    I think they thought it was a promo freebie though.. I don't think it occurred to them that we paid for it.

MamphaMaster Fan

2112 posts

03-04-12, 12:54 PM

• I lie... they are the same size.. they just look bigger somehow :)

MamphaMaster Fan

2112 posts

03-04-12, 12:55 PM

• the grass is always greener mampha !

lovefashionangelMaster Fan

2100 posts

04-04-12, 02:16 PM

Independent Digital Media Network